What we do
Creator Ninja develops and provides a platform that establishes an economic zone with YouTube creators.
Creator Ninja receives support and funding from Freakout Holdings (one of the top digital marketing public companies in Japan) and East Ventures (top VC in Asia).
Recently YouTubers and other video creators are getting social attention, various companies use them as influencers when advertising.
We continuously pursue products that encourage a world where companies are more likely to use creators and influencers for advertising and to generate market excitement.
What service we provide
Creator Ninja is developing a dashboard “TUBERS” that provides data analysis through its database that covers domestic YouTube channels. This is a tool to support a YouTube marketing strategy that allows you to check rankings, comprehensive data, and creator competitions.
Feature of “TUBERS”
Our vast database is No. 1 in Japan! It covers approximately 5,6000 channels and 7,000,000 videos in the country.
We provide reliable data to a wide range of industries such as YouTube offices and advertising agencies because it can analyze all YouTube channels in Japan.
Support the growth of creators
By quantitatively understanding and giving feedback of each YouTube channel’s strengths and weaknesses, you can support creator’s growth.
Dig up new creators
You can find a creator who matches with detailed search items, and you can expand the creator selection with our rival function.
Manage your members/favorite creators at once
With easy-to-read management such as list feature, you are able to analysis data comprehensively.
There are still much room for improvement in products, and we place great emphasis on “providing good things” flexibly without being bound by a fixed concept.
* We had been providing a free mobile app for YouTube creators but we have been focusing on our “TUBERS” dashboard right now.
We are a small team, but it is a perfect place for people who want to grow together at a cheerful and friendly environment!
Once a month, we go out to have dinner or we have a party in the office.
About the position
In this role you will work with the Engineering team leading the development of software solutions as well as mentor and coach new team members. You will also closely collaborate with the Product team and Stakeholders in strategy and decision making.
International team, bilingual communication
Our team is made up of many different nationalities and we have team members working in Japan, UK and Mexico. For the Tech team communication happens almost exclusively in English and for the rest of the team it’s a mix of English and Japanese. Please note that this role requires a minimum conversational level Japanese skill as there is a great deal of communication between our stakeholders and other non-technical Japanese speakers.
Flexible, horizontal and transparent work environment
We highly value autonomy, accountability and proactive communication. We welcome and encourage participation and ideas coming from everyone.
- Front end: React.js, Nextjs, Netlify
- Mobile: React Native, Flutter
- Back end: NodeJS, Golang, Python, Elasticsearch, Postgresql
- Infra: Google Cloud Platform
- Working closely with the founding and product team, understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for the Engineering team
- Develop, design and maintain technical features aligned with the company's goals
- Ensure high quality deliverables with technical reviews and concise, comprehensible documentation
- Oversee team performance, provide continuous feedback and mentor junior team members
- Be the context bearer for engineering and stakeholders
- Proven experience as Technical Lead, Engineering Manager or similar leadership role (2-4 people)
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience shipping product (on-premises or cloud)
- Strong desire for mentoring and coaching
- Bilingual (Japanese/English) conversational skills.
Nice to haves
- Experience in software development with a full-stack perspective (ReactJS, NodeJS, Golang, Python)
- Experience with CI/CD, cloud providers (GCP) and Kubernetes
- Influencers Marketing or Social Media analytics knowledge
- Remote work
- Your choice for work setup
- Stock options
Our interview process
We want to provide a clear and smooth process for our candidate from application to offer:
- 45 to 60 minutes call with the CTO
- 60 minutes call with an Engineering team member (expect some technical discussions)
- 45 to 60 minutes call with the CEO, if necessarily Board of Directors
Our response to COVID-19
We are a fully remote company. A few times a year and if the conditions allow for it, we meet to celebrate company and team achievements. This is completely optional.
Our salary range starts at ¥600,000 per month. We are open to discussing compensation depending on your work history.